1. you must be 18 years of age of younger2. experiencing hair loss as a result of chemotherapy, radiation treatments, alopecia, burns, or other medical circumstances.
3. unable to pay for a hair piece after seeking assistance from all other resources.
4. Referred by a medical professional.
Each eligible child receives a custom made hair replacement system constructed from thousands of hand tied strands of human hair, then shaped, cut, and styles to fit the child's head. Wigs for Kids pays a minimum of $1500 to produce each system. There is no cost to the recipient.
How to apply for assistance from Wigs for Kids:
For applications and information about the Wigs for Kids affiliate nearest you, call Wigs for Kids at 440-333-4433 or visit www.wigsforkids.org
To Donate Hair:
Wigs for Kids appreciates and accepts hair donations that conform to the following guidelines:
1. Hair must be clean and dry
2. Minimum length for a hair donation is 12 inches
3. Donations should be braided or tied in ponytails and secured with rubber bands, wrapped in tissue paper or placed in a plastic bag, and then sealed in a mailing envelope.
4. Donations should be mailed to :
Wigs for Kids 21330 Center Ridge Road Rocky River, OH 44116
5. Wigs for Kids appreciates the donation of one dollar with each ponytail to help offset the costs involved in administration, processing, and production.
6. Hair may be cut at your local salon (Papilla Alternative Hair)